Here is a simple but tasty pie crust (pastry). It is worth a little effort to get a better crust than you might find at a grocery store in frozen foods.
**You need a food scale for these measurements.
8 oz flour
4 grams of salt
5.5 oz shortening
2.75 oz water
1. Combine flour and salt.
2. Mix flour mixture and shortening together by hand until it forms pea-size pieces.
3. Add water and mix just until the dough comes together (should still be able to see pieces of fat in the dough)
4. Scrape out onto a floured table; knead slightly.
5. Portion out dough mix into 8 oz pieces (shape into a hockey puck)
6. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill.