One of my favorite meals is liver and onions. There is no special way I cook it. Either you like liver, or you don’t. My recipe is fairly simple.
1 slice calf liver
1/2 Onion, sliced
2 Tbsp Avocado oil (or whatever oil you like)
Salt & pepper to taste
- In a medium non-stick pan heat 1 tbsp of your avocado oil.
- Add sliced onions, salt & pepper, and sauté to your desired taste. I like to continue until the onions begin to caramelize. It brings out the sweetness of the onion.
- In a separate pan, add your second tbsp of avocado oil and heat over medium heat. Once the oil is hot enough, add the slice of liver.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste. Cook the liver just until the blood juice run clear (no blood seeping out). Should be nicely browned on both sides
- Place the cooked liver on your plated and cover with your sautéed onions. Enjoy!