Lemon Pound Cake
Ingredients: You need a food scale to weigh ingredients.
12 oz Butter, dice & softened
12 oz granulated sugar
2 grams salt
3 lemons, zest only
12 oz eggs, room temperature
4 grams vanilla extract
12 oz Ap flour
10 grams baking powder
Lemon Flat Icing:
6 oz powdered sugar, sifted
1 oz lemon juice
1. Spray pans and set aside on a flat sheet pan
2. Using the paddle attachment, cream the butter until the texture is smooth and even.
3.Add the sugar, salt, and lemon zest to the butter and paddle on medium speed until light in color and fluffy, approximately 4 minutes.
4. Add the eggs two at a time, occasionally scraping down the bowl with a rubber spatula. It is important that the mixture is beaten for a couple of minutes after each egg is added ( this ensures proper emulsification). Blend in the vanilla after extract.
5. Sift together flour and baking powder.
6. With the mixer off, add all of the sifted ingredients. Paddle on low just until the mixture is completely combined.
7. Portion the batter evenly into the prepared pans.
8. Bake at 360ºF for 20 minutes.
9. Remove the cakes from the oven and run a paring knife down the center of the surface of each loaf.
10. Return the cakes to the oven and bake until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
11. Cool for 10 minutes in the pan.
12. Untold and cool to room temperature on a wire rack.
For the Icing:
1. Carefully stir together sifted confectioner’s sugar and lemon juice. Adjust the consistency as needed. For thicker icing, add more sugar. For thinner icing, add more juice or water.
2. Glaze the cakes with flat icing
3. Allow icing to set.
4. Store the cooled cakes, tightly wrapped in plastic film, refrigerated for up to one week or frozen for up to one month.