This sauce is a standard French sauce and may be used as the base of many different types of soups, such as cream of broccoli soup.
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
2 cups chicken stock
Freshly ground white pepper
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the stock, 1/2 cup at a time. Whisk until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring the liquid to a boil and reduce the heat to low and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and serve.
[…] oz butter 12 oz Onions, medium dice 3 oz Celery, medium dice 3 lbs Broccoli, chopped 4 qt Chicken velouté sauce, hot 2 qt. Chicken stock, hot 24 fl. oz heavy cream, hot TT salt and white pepper 8 oz Broccoli […]