This sauce is a standard French sauce and may be used as the base of many different types of soups, such as cream of broccoli soup.
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
2 cups chicken stock
Freshly ground white pepper
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the stock, 1/2 cup at a time. Whisk until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring the liquid to a boil and reduce the heat to low and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and serve.