Back on my diet. Well, I never really abandoned it completely. During the day I stayed on it, then in the evening, I’d be off to the store to buy cookies or something. Anyway, this is my three-egg omelet.
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 oz tomato, diced
3-4 mushrooms of your choice (about 1/2 oz)
1 oz onion, chopped
1/2 oz bell pepper, chopped (optional)
enough Cheddar cheese for in between and on top (up to you)
2 tbsp butter
- In a medium saucepan sauté onion and mushrooms (no tomato at this point) in 1 tbsp butter, set aside on a saucer.
- On medium heat melt 2nd tbsp butter and pour in 3 beaten eggs.
- I kind of shake the eggs around in the pan because it seems to help. When the egg is firm enough, flip over using a spatula, or if you are talented enough, the flick of the wrist is all you need.
- Once flipped, add your saluted mushrooms and onion, diced tomato, and cheese.
- Close and slide onto plate and top with more cheese.