Back on my diet. Well, I never really abandoned it completely. During the day I stayed on it, then in the evening, I’d be off to the store to buy cookies or something. Anyway, this is my three-egg omelet.
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 oz tomato, diced
3-4 mushrooms of your choice (about 1/2 oz)
1 oz onion, chopped
1/2 oz bell pepper, chopped (optional)
enough Cheddar cheese for in between and on top (up to you)
2 tbsp butter
- In a medium saucepan sauté onion and mushrooms (no tomato at this point) in 1 tbsp butter, set aside on a saucer.
- On medium heat melt 2nd tbsp butter and pour in 3 beaten eggs.
- I kind of shake the eggs around in the pan because it seems to help. When the egg is firm enough, flip over using a spatula, or if you are talented enough, the flick of the wrist is all you need.
- Once flipped, add your saluted mushrooms and onion, diced tomato, and cheese.
- Close and slide onto plate and top with more cheese.
It looks so yummy! I find it so difficult to eat breakfast (I never miss one, don’t worry), but anything hot is a no go for me, lol. I might make this as a lunch sometime, though!
I can go hot or cold for breakfast.
The only hot I can take during breakfast is my tea, haha!
I love tea! I used to drink a lot of coffee (A Lot). However, for a couple of years now I have pretty much switched exclusively to tea. I’m not even sure how that came about. It seems easier to stay hydrated with tea.
Yes! Tea is always good, too! And so many flavours! I love coffee, especially mocha coffee, so I treat myself to 1-2 cups a week, tops. But tea is my big love!